Does it seem that your daughter is glued to her smart device? Does she laugh at technically challenged adults because, she a whiz when it comes to operating smartphones, tablets, laptops, or even computers?
In the post-Christmas/Holiday season, there will be technically challenged adults receiving gifts. They won’t have a clue about how to operate their new gadget. For example, I am not embarrassed that it was my daughter who taught me how to use Siri on my last phone. Not embarrassed in the least that a toddler showed me how to use my phone. lol.
But this is business gold for your daughter. She can provide a service that fulfills a desperate need for many.
Here are five simple steps to your daughter’s technical savviness into cash. Her wallet will be happy AND she will help a heap of technically challenged.
What does your daughter know?
- Discuss what she enjoys most
- Share what you observe as a parent that comes most naturally to her
- Create a list of 5-10 items and check off the top 3 things that interest her
- Do a quick survey of what competitors like Geek Squad and other tech service educators charge
- Determine a per hour price that is competitive but also factors her level of experience
- Consider offering packages that include a set # of hours
Determine specific results she can provide customers
- This is key! Tell customers what they can expect when they use her service
- Share one or two feelings that they might experience after using the service. For example, do they feel more confident?
- Ask your best customers for testimonials and/or survey questions about the results they received
Market via social media and/or word-of-mouth
- Create a flyer to share on social media
- Pass hard copy fliers within your neighborhood and/or social groups – ie. church, school
I hope that these tips give you some insights and ideas for how your daughter can leverage her tech talents into cash!