Do you worry if your daughter is doing all the right things to get ready for college?
- She’s doing well in her school which is ranked well.
- She attends a host of after-school activities including sports, social clubs, and volunteers.
- And you even have started visiting colleges to see what schools might interest her.
But you worry that it might not be enough.
You are right. Having an amazing resume is just not enough to succeed in college and in life. You need to know how to “sell” the skills you have and demonstrate how you’ll add value.
Enter: Moms & Daughters Inc.
Moms & Daughters Inc is an experience that gathers girls and their Mothers (or Mom figures) together to learn how to think like an entrepreneur. We help in this process by getting young women comfortable learning how to take risks, think strategically, and brand their successes. We challenge women and young ladies to think outside of the box, outside of their comfort zone, and to stretch to her full potential. We teach moms and daughters how to identify their areas of opportunity, and their personal traits and habits that can keep them from achieving the success they have always dreamed of.
Our workshops are designed to be fun, interactive, and inspirational!
At Mom and Daughters Inc. we take an in-depth look at the traits that often hold women back from greater amounts of success—even when she has the knowledge, education, and skillset of her male counterparts.
Participants will develop skills like:
- Risk taking
- Thinking outside of the box
- Long term planning
We hold our workshops and training sessions with moms and daughters together, to ensure that the change we inspire will span the generations—and encourage women to network and grow professionally as one.
Let’s take a look at some thought provoking statistics:
- 2010 Census statistics show that while women own 50% of all privately held companies, 75% of female business owners make less than $50,000 annually.
- Only 2.6% of all female business owners earn $1 million or more annually—compared to 6% of male business owners.
- 20 percent of adult women (22 million people) say they never negotiate, even when she it is appropriate or necessary.
- When the average woman hears the word “risk”, she thinks of a negative outcome, not a strategic opportunity with the potential for positive outcome.
As a professional woman you know firsthand that although women have broken down many barriers—that in many ways it is still a “man’s world”, and that you often have to invest extra effort in order to gain professional recognition.
As a professional woman, and as a mom, you have likely invested your time and resources into ensuring your daughter’s have a quality education, are independent thinkers, are socially active, and involved in their local community.
While all of your efforts are admirable, you may still worry that they are not enough to set your daughter’s up to be competitive professionally, or if they are enough to inspire your daughter to achieve her entrepreneurial goals?
So we have developed a full list of reasons why you and your daughter will want to participate in the Mom & Daughters Inc experience:
- We help your daughter get comfortable taking strategic risks at an early age
- She’ll learn how to channel her natural creativity into a path where she can pursue her passions
- She’ll gain confidence
- She’ll learn how to tell her story. Think personal branding isn’t important? Just talk to future admissions reps, employers, etc.
- She’ll gain skills negotiating
- She learn the basics of managing her business finances which translates into more opportunities to create intergenerational wealth in your family
So join the Mom and Daughters Inc movement! Like our Facebook page and join our email newsletter for updated blog articles.
And if you REALLY want to change the tide for your daughter or other young women that are important in your life, you’ll take one of the three steps below.