I was scheduled to speak at a young women's empowerment event. Prior to my session, I heard a panel of women who were in a variety of roles in the health industry. The women were smart, go-getters, … [Read More]
Think like an entrepreneur and help your daughter succeed in college!!
We are helping young girls and their Mothers learn how to captivate future employers and colleges by telling their stories and creating intergenerational wealth. It's a confidence builder you don't want to miss!
Does it seem that your daughter is glued to her smart device? Is she a whiz when it comes to operating smartphones, tablets, laptops, or even computers?
In the post Christmas/Holiday season, there will be technically challenged adults receiving gifts. They won’t have a clue how to operate their new gadget. For example, I am not embarrassed that it was my daughter who taught me how to use Siri on my last phone. Not embarrassed in the least that a toddler showed me how to use my phone. lol.
But this is business gold for your daughter. She can provide a service that fulfills a desperate need for many.
Here are five simple steps to your daughter’s technical savviness into cash. Her wallet will be happy AND she will help a heap of technically challenged.
What does your daughter know?
- Discuss what she enjoys most
- Share what you observe as a parent that comes most naturally to her
- Create a list of 5-10 items and check off the top 3 things that interest her
- Do a quick survey of what competitors like Geek Squad and other tech service educators charge
- Determine a per hour price that is competitive but also factors her level of experience
- Consider offering packages that include a set # of hours
Determine specific results she can provide customers
- This is key! Tell customers what they can expect when they use her service
- Share one or two feelings that they might experience after using the service. For example, do they feel more confident?
- Ask your best customers for testimonials and/or survey questions about the results they received
Market via social media and/or word-of-mouth
- Create a flyer to share on social media
- Pass hard copy fliers within your neighborhood and/or social groups – ie. church, school
I hope that these tips give you some insights and ideas for how your daughter can leverage her tech talents into cash!
Thanksgiving is one of my favorite times in the year. Not only is it filled with opportunities to be grateful and eat good food (please pass the sweet potatoes, mac and cheese and stuffing!!), but it’s also time to connect with those relatives that you don’t get to see everyday. So don’t miss that opportunity […]